Since summer 2019, just over 10 km of cycle paths have been opened from Saint-Léger-sur-Dheune, travelling south, to just a little before Saint-Julien-sur-Dheune (in the direction of Montchanin).
The route is located to the left of the Canal du Centre (going south), as far as Saint-Bérain-sur-Dheune. In this village, which cyclists can traverse, the route crosses to the other side of the canal and to the right of the road.
The cycle path is then sheltered by the trees until it crosses to Perreuil (photo below). From this crossing, the route sometimes follows the cycle path and at other times it continues along small,rural, country back roads (without cars). For the last 2 kilometers,the cycle path again passes through the trees along the Canal du Centre.
The cycle path ends, for the moment, in a cul-de-sac 500m from the cycle path that leads from Saint-Julien-sur-Dheune to Ecuisses (on the other side of the canal).
One day the connection will be better! Enjoy your visit.
The Canal du Centre from our gîtes
The Canal du Centre and its cycle path are located approximately 10km from our gîtes.
Going there by bike is possible while avoiding (almost completely) the D978 (the road from Chalon to Autun). To do this, take the following small roads, the details of which are as follows:
- from Saint-Martin-sous-Montaigu, go up to Saint-Mard-de-Vaux,
- at the church, turn right on the rue de Blaisy towards the D978,
- at the D978 ride 200m left to the Petit Blanc restaurant,
- turn right, then follow the next road left up to Aluze (a steep climb),
- at the entrance of Aluze follow the route left in the direction of Dennevy,
- enjoy a nice descent to Dennevy, the Canal du Centre and the cycle path.
Of course, we provide our guests with the corresponding IGN map.
Find out more about the cycle paths around our lodgings
Do not hesitate to consult our page "A week of cycling and tourism in Burgundy".