Gites The wine Press and The Little House, ideal base camp to discover South Burgundy :
Our two gites are located at 12km from Chalon-sur-Saone (A6 Motorway), easy access between Mercurey and Givry. Renovated in an authentic former wine maker property, the cottages will surely provide you serenity and quiet atmosphere.
In the heart of the hilly Cote Chalonnaise wine region, our location is an ideal central base to visit South Burgundy.
The village of Saint-Martin-sous-Montaigu is on the Wine Trail, but very quiet, off big roads.
Many walks for family or sporty guests are accessible from the gites, without taking the car.
The two gites have a broadband internet connexion (Wifi router) and we lend bikes and baby equipement.
Both gites are NON SMOKING.
Ideas of activities, off beaten tracks, and places to visit around the gites ... :
- if you are keen on history : the guided visits of the castle of Germolles,
- for walkers : 3-4 hours circular with lots of different lanscapes/views and vegetation, from Saint Denis de Vaux to Russilly and back (Vallée des Vaux),
- for kids : the public park Georges Nouelle in Chalon city center (many child games, birds and farm animals, botanic garden),
- for cyclists : the cycle track of the Canal du Centre between Saint Léger-sur-Dheune and Chalon, or the famous Voie Verte from Saint Désert,
- for wine lovers : Mercurey wine tasting next door at authentic small wine-makers. We can recommend organic wine-makers and one Grand Cru producer.
- if you like suprises : the caves of d'Agneux in Rully (5km), the ruins of the castle of Montaigu (20min on foot from the gites), the Way of the Cross of St Denis de Vaux.